NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. CONTEST IS, AND ENTRANT IS PARTICIPATING IN, A STRICTLY UNITED STATES BASED CONTEST.
1. Eligibility: The Vuforia Engine One Million Developers Contest (“Contest”) is open only to users (individuals, not legal entities), who are registered Vuforia Engine developers and are using a Vuforia Engine license in the application they are submitting, who are located in countries worldwide (except those located in North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, Myanmar, Quebec, Italy, Spain, France, Russia, and otherwise where prohibited by law) (the “Participating Countries”), and who are 18 years of age or older (“Eligible Users”). PTC and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “PTC Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Additional requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”).
2. Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time, United States on March 8th, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 19th (the “Contest Period”).
3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Contest Period, Eligible Users may submit an entry into the Contest by completing the following steps.
When properly completed this process will constitute your “Entry” into the Contest. All Entries must also comply with the rules, terms, and conditions set forth below.
4. Judging: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged by qualified judges and will be judged on the basis of the following: Best Student/Hobbyist Application: • Application should use augmented reality for a specific purpose: Solving a problem, communicating a messaging, making a game more engaging, etc. • Application should include an intuitive and clean UX. • Application should demonstrate a stable augmented reality experience. Most Innovative Use of Vuforia Engine: • Application should demonstrate a unique or out-of-the-box way to use augmented reality. • Application should use augmented reality for a specific purpose: Solving a problem, communicating a messaging, making a game more engaging, etc. • Application should include an intuitive and clean UX. • Application should demonstrate a stable augmented reality experience. Entry submissions are closed on April 19th. The winners will be selected and announced at the beginning of May.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Best Student/Hobbyist Application: iPhone 12 Most Innovative Use of Vuforia Engine: iPad Pro 12.9
All other developers who enter may be chosen to have their video featured in our One Million Vuforia Engine Developers highlight reel, which will be shared across our social media platforms. Total ARV of all prizes in this Contest is $2,500 usd. All prize amounts are listed in United States Dollars, but at PTC’s discretion may be awarded in the local currency of the winners (at the exchange rate applicable at the time of the allocation of the prize). The form of payment and the type of currency awarded for each prize shall be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or where required by law. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer or prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes on the prizes, possible foreign exchange costs, PayPal transaction fees and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/HOUSEHOLD. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor takes no responsibility for any damages or loss of the prize caused during delivery, if such loss or damage does not result from Sponsor’s intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
6. By submitting your Entry Video, you agree to the following: a. Your Entry Video complies with these rules, and you agree that PTC, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry Video and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Entry Video fails to conform to any Contest requirements, comply with the Official Rules in any way, or if it deems the Entry Video in any way to be in poor taste, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate. Inappropriate entries include, but are not limited to, entries that lewd, portray values that PTC does not uphold, advertise a brand or product without permission, contain personally identifiable information, or contain images of people without the consent. b. Your Entry Video is gratuitous and made without restriction. PTC may publicly disclose your Entry Video on a non-confidential basis to anyone. c. You represent and warrant that: (i) your Entry Video is solely your original creation and was not copied in whole or in part from any other work, (ii) that you (a) own all rights to all images or components of the Entry Video or (b) otherwise have rights to submit all elements of the Entry Video to the Contest, (iii) the Entry Video is the sole, exclusive property of the Entrant and does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/tradename, or other intellectual proprietary right (and publication or distribution by PTC will not infringe on the rights of any third party); (iii) any people depicted in the Entry Video have given written consent to its submission into the Contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; and (v) the Entry Video has not been previously published or submitted to similar contests; d. You shall indemnify and hold harmless, PTC and the PTC Parties from any breaches of the above representations and warranties.
7. Permissions. By submitting an entry video, you acknowledge that your video may be altered or publicly disseminated or posted on PTC’s websites. You hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor, PTC, its affiliated companies, and their assigns and designees, (hereinafter referred to as the (“PTC Companies”), permission to create sales and/or marketing content, to be distributed worldwide, that feature the Entry Video. You agree that, at the sole discretion of a PTC Company, the PTC Company may allow its partners or its resellers to use images of the application represented by in the Entry Video for use, representation and reproduction in marketing materials (existing or to be discovered in the future) to be produced worldwide by partners or resellers of the PTC Companies.
8. General Terms and Conditions: PTC’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest, including but not limited to the judging process and selection. All potential winners (and if applicable, the Entrant’s company, organization or entity with whom the entrant is affiliated) will be notified by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and where lawful may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) within a stated amount of time. If Prize Claim Documents are not received by the stated date, if the notification is returned as non-deliverable, if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not return such other releases as deemed necessary by PTC, the potential winner will be disqualified. In such cases, at PTC’s discretion, an alternative potential winner may be selected. Prizes are void where award would cause PTC or Entrant to violate Entrant’s employer’s ethics policies or practices. If Entrant is a company, organization, or entity, it is the entity’s sole and ultimate responsibility to determine how and if any prize will be distributed to individuals or retained internally and PTC assumes no responsibility for the decisions made by such company, organization or entity regarding internal prize distribution. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. PTC reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, at the Contest Administrator’s sole discretion for any valid reason. PTC reserves the right to disqualify any individual who violates this Official Rules or otherwise acts in an illegal, untruthful, unfair, or otherwise unethical manner.
9. Waivers of Rights or Obligations: Any waiver of any rights or obligations hereunder by PTC does not constitute a general waiver. PTC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry prior to any voting or judging period.
10. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts and is offered only in the Participating Countries. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest, Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor arising from or in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules of other jurisdictions. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Massachusetts located in Suffolk County for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
12. Releases: As a condition of entering, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) to the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) to release, discharge and hold harmless PTC and the PTC Parties from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Contest or incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or the use of any Entry (b) that under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim(to the extent allowed by applicable law), punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all clauses of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgements, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE REQUEST FORM, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING BUT SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ENTRANTS SHOULD CHECK LOCAL LAWS DOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
In the event, and to the extent, that Egyptian, English, French, German, Hong Kong, Malaysian, Norwegian, Singaporean, Spanish, Italian or any other law applies where a liability limitation concerning death or bodily injury, or any other tort, is not permitted, nothing in these Official Rules shall be taken to limit or exclude any party’s liability for death or bodily injury caused by such party’s negligence, or for fraud or gross negligence.
13. Severability & Conflicts: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their term as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. Winners’ List: Within thirty (30) working days following the expiration of the Contest Period, the winners will be contacted individually and then announced on the Vuforia Engine Developer Portal (and Vuforia/PTC social media platforms).
15. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored solely by PTC Inc., 121 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210.
16. Contest Administrator: The Contest is administered and judged by PTC Inc., 121 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210
Page Not Found
Item not available in English.