What is hybrid cloud?
Hybrid cloud strategies in manufacturing deploy applications across on-premise and cloud environments. For manufacturing edge environments, this typically involves collecting and standardizing asset data locally; processing and normalizing that data; integrating with local systems; and leveraging the cloud for storage, analysis, and reporting.
This deployment strategy can benefit your business by:
- standardizing solutions across locations to help accelerate advanced digital transformation
- reducing edge OT variability to simplify multi-site rollout
- creating an edge compute layer that drives higher total value with improved processing and intelligence
- distributing compute and intelligence to improve scalability
- improving edge resilience for outages and intermittent performance with in-pipe data retention
- simplifying and enhancing security with access to advanced security options and methods
According to Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud Index:
45% manufacturing workload
will be in the cloud within two years
21% of respondents
expect to deploy hybrid cloud within one year
86% of manufacturers
view hybrid cloud as the “ideal IT model”