Our direct modeling software is a stand-alone application that enables infrequent computer-aided design (CAD) users to create new geometry or modify any existing 3D CAD design, regardless of file format. Direct interaction with the geometry makes it easy for anyone to learn and use. That’s why it’s the ideal tool for people in concept design, analysis, and manufacturing―or for anyone who’s new to 3D CAD or uses it infrequently.
Working with Creo Direct is quick, flexible and intuitive. It is well suited for tasks such as generating proposals, defining the initial design for tooling fixtures or capturing design input from customers in the field. By furthuring collaboration with your extended team, the software encourages innovation and enables your company to respond better to changing customer needs.
Direct modeling features and benefits:
- Achieve faster design cycles by enabling more users to access and use 3D CAD data, including third-party design components
- Empower infrequent 3D CAD users to contribute to the product development effort
- Generate proposals more quickly and effectively by exploring alternative design concepts more easily
- Streamline computer-aided engineering (CAE) workflows by giving analysts the ability to edit 3D CAD data prior to analysis and propose design changes directly on the model
- Improve computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) efficiency by giving tooling designers an easy-to-use tool for editing model data and creating manufacturing jigs and fixtures that better meet their NC and tooling design requirements
Downloadable data sheets
Creo Direct Data Sheet
Why You May Need Parametric and Direct 3D CAD