How to determine machine's HOST ID?
- Mathcad Prime 1.0 to 8.0
- Creo Parametric 1.0 to 9.0
- Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Elements/Pro Wildfire 5.0
- All PTC FLEX-enabled products use the machine's network card Physical (or MAC) Address for license configuration purposes. This address is a unique, permanent ID affixed to all network cards and recognized on Ethernet based networks.
- PTC refers to this Physical Address as the hostID or PTC_HOSTID of the machine to be licenses whether for a floating FlexNet server license or a local locked license file. The hostID can be recognized as a series of two digit hexadecimal characters. This will be a set of 6 on a Windows machines example: 00-1A-2B-3C-4D-55.
- PTC software and License Management tools should recognize the hostID as obtained from any wired or wireless network card physically present in the workstation as a valid hostID. The hostID or PTC_HOSTID should be built off of the main "wired" network card on a system for best practices but can be built off any valid network card. A hostID as obtained from other network cards such as Firewire ports or virtual network cards should be seen as invalid by PTC License Management tools and therefore not be used.
- How to determine machine's HOST ID for licensing?
- How to find the correct HOST ID to submit a license request?
- What information is needed to generate a license file?