This is a PDF version of Article CS16366 and may be out of date. For the latest version click here
Article - CS16366
How to disable hardware rendering (graphics card and driver) for Creo Elements/Direct Modeling
Created: 17-Jan-2011 | Modified: 16-May-2019
- Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 16.00 to 20.2
- Window or viewport frozen in Creo Elements Direct - 'Vport1' frozen due to graphics error
- Sometimes when starting CoCreate Modeling on a new system, or after updating other hardware or drivers, users will get a frozen viewport and Modeling will display a message like
vport1 frozen due to graphic error!
system message signal received segmentation violation.
- How to disconnect CoCreate Modeling from your graphic card and drivers
- How to run all graphics display from the CPU
- How to force Modeling to use Software rendering instead of the graphcs drivers
- How to run Modeling on systems with a unsupported graphics cards
- How to troubleshoot graphic card problems