Ease Integration of UNIX, Linux and Windows-Based Computers with PTC MKS Toolkit Products
PTC MKS Toolkit makes it easy to migrate or port software from UNIX/Linux systems to Windows systems. It provides a complete development and interoperability environment with over 2700 UNIX APIs necessary to run UNIX/Linux applications and over 300 commands and utilities necessary to run scripts from systems. The combination of the PTC MKS Toolkit UNIX APIs and the command-line development environment on Windows reduces the complexity of a port from UNIX to Windows.
One of the basic functions of the PTC MKS Toolkit is text processing. Since most PTC MKS Toolkit utilities use text files in some way, creating and manipulating such files is a useful skill when creating almost any kind of PTC MKS Toolkit-based solution. PTC MKS Toolkit provides several text processing utilities to handle any variety of text processing jobs, such as editors like the fully interactive vi editor, simple text formatting utilities like c, banner, or fmt, and complex formatting systems like groff and its related utilities. Create scripts that can be easily modified and updated. Such scripts make it easy to repeat tasks that need to be performed multiple times. When combined with the PTC MKS Toolkit scheduling utilities, it becomes simple to create complex tasks that are repeated at scheduled times and intervals, such as builds or nightly back-ups.
PTC MKS Toolkit allows you to:
- Set up user accounts, group associations, system permissions, end user desktops
- Manage services, network mounts, the registry
- Monitor your system, network, and applications as well as a myriad of other system administration tasks
PTC MKS Toolkit for Developers is an award winning and industry-leading Windows/UNIX interoperability solution that dramatically improves the compatibility between Windows and UNIX environments. It enables developers and system administrators to customize, control, and automate their software development and administrative processes. PTC MKS Toolkit for Developers speeds the software development and administration process and reduces errors by eliminating the time spent on tedious manual tasks.
- Powerful scripting allows you to simplify and automate the execution of repetitive tasks.
- New technology integration enables you to easily control and manipulate today’s dynamic infrastructures.
- Component-based architecture provides you with the ability to easily customize a solution configured to the needs of your organization.
PTC MKS Toolkit for Enterprise Developers (formerly NuTCRACKER) is the proven solution for porting robust, mission-critical UNIX applications to Windows. No other product can match our full support for C, C++, and Fortran; for UNIX process management including fork(), signals, alarms, and threads; for file system and security management; and for curses, X, Motif, and OpenGL. And no other product matches PTC MKS Toolkit's access to Win32 APIs for Windows integration and interoperability.
- Run UNIX applications as native Windows programs taking full advantage of COM, .NET, and other Windows features.
- Maintain a single source base across UNIX and Windows save time and money for years to come.
- Cut development time - 70%, 80%, even 90%.
- Easily deploy ported applications with built-in packaging wizard and a wide variety of UNIX runtime options
PTC MKS Toolkit for Enterprise Developers will run on either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows systems. The application ported using PTC MKS Toolkit for Enterprise Developers will install and run on either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows systems. However, on 64-bit Windows systems the application will run as a 32-bit application.