The Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver exchanges data between OPC clients and Siemens S7-200, S7-300, S7-400, and S7-1200 PLCs using the TCP/IP Ethernet protocol. The driver talks directly to the S7 PLC using a standard PC network interface card, and does not require additional software packages or libraries. Specialized block read and write optimizations automatically increase the speed of many applications when using CP243, CP343, and CP443 communications processors.
The Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver also supports the netLink adapter cable.
- Supports multiple connections for each device
- Supports the CP-243, CP-343, and CP-443 TCP/IP Communications Cards
- Supports access on PC/PG/OP access ports
- Supports maximum Packet Data Unit (PDU) size configured on device for performance and efficiency
- Supports the following Memory Types: I, E, Q, A, M, F, T, C, Z, and Data Block Access
- Supports bit-level access
- Supports the low-cost NetLink communications adapter
- Supports the NetLink Configuration Utility (Gateway from Ethernet to S7 MPI)
- Supports Automatic Tag Generation from a Simatic STEP 7 project for S7-300 and S7-400 devices
- Supports Automatic Tag Generation from TIA Portal for S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, and S7-1500 devices via the TIA Portal Exporter Utility
- Siemens Industrial Ethernet
- netLink 50-MPI - S7-300
- netLink 50-MPI - S7-400
- netLink -MPI - S7-400
- netLink-MPI - S7-300
- netTap 40-MPI - S7-300
- netTap 40-MPI - S7-400
- S7-1200- Family
- S7-1500- Family
- S7-200 - Family
- S7-300 - Family
- S7-400 - Family
- Simplified Chinese
- DDE Format CF_Text and AdvancedDDE
- NIO Interface for iFIX
- OPC .NET Service (OPC .NET) Version 1.00
- OPC Alarms and Events (OPC AE) Version 1.10
- OPC Data Access (OPC DA) Versions 1.0a, 2.0, 2.05a, and 3.0
- OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) Clients
- SuiteLink and FastDDE for Wonderware
- Fixed an issue where ATG on a structure would fail if the END_STRUCT had additional characters (such as a comment).
- Fixed an issue with the TIA Portal Exporter that caused crashes when users provide invalid file paths.
- Added support for Siemens TIA Portal v16.0.0.
- Fixed an issue where TIA Portal offsets could be miscalculated in bit or BOOL arrays.
TIA Portal Tag Export Utility
- ProgramBlock and DataBlock Tags now have comments exported (similar to PLC Tags for all supported TIA project versions).
- Exporter Project Parsing Timeout default increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes to better handle large project sizes.
- Overall performance improved as well as other user interface enhancements to improve performance and reliability.
TIA Portal Exporter Utility
- Fixed an issue introduced in 6.4. Now S7 String type tag addresses that do not contain a “.LEN” specifier will function correctly when the PDU size of 240 is negotiated by the device or manually set by the user from the Maximum PDU Size parameter in device properties.
- Added support for Multiple Non-Redundant 400 CPUs.
- Tag Comments are now exported in the project's ""Reference Language"" by default.
- Added support for Siemens TIA Portal v188.8.131.52 through v184.108.40.206
- Added support for Siemens TIA Portal v220.127.116.11
- Increased the maximum channel count from 256 to 1024.
- Fixed an issue where a write operation to an array would fail if it hadn't been read.
TIA Portal Exporter Utility
- TIA Portal Exporter Utility now supports TIA Portal V14 SP1 and V15.
- Fixed an issue creating server tags from multi-dimensional arrays.
- Increased the maximum channel count from 256 to 1024.
- Added support for larger PDU sizes of 480 and 960.
Note: Using larger PDU sizes allows for increased throughput and larger array size access from the device. Refer to the device Communication Processor manual for supported PDU sizes.
- Added a new setting called Maximum PDU Size. The driver and device negotiate the highest supported PDU size by starting at this defined setting and no higher. Available PDU sizes include 240, 480, and 960.
- Fixed an issue where atomic data types inside an array of structs were not generated when doing automatic tag generation (ATG).
- Added Chinese language support.
- Support for importing Siemens TIA Portal tags into the Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver.
- Requires using the export files produced by the TIA Portal Exporter Utility. The installer for this utility is included with the Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet driver.
- TIA Portal versions supported: TIA Portal V13 SP1, TIA Portal V13 SP2, TIA Portal V14.
Note: V14 SP1 is not currently supported.
- Includes German language support.
- Fixed a bug where atomic data types inside an array of structs were not generated when performing Automatic Tag Generation.
- Added German language support.
- Added Japanese language support.
- Resolved an issue that could cause memory corruption and runtime crash.
- Corrected an issue where nested UDT structures within arrays weren't parsed correctly from ‘s7p’ files during Automatic Tag Generation.
- Fixed an issue where validating invalid tag addresses with 16 or more continuous alpha characters could result in a crash of the Runtime. This could occur in two cases: after Auto Tag Generation from a device containing symbolic tags or if a client referenced tag names not defined in the server.
- Fixed an issue where tags of type 'Date' could result in other tag values not being updated. This only occurred with tags that were in the same block as the Date tag.
- Added support for HEXSTRING data types.
- Enhanced Automatic Tag Generation support to include extended (non-ASCII) characters.
- Fixed an issue where an uninitialized buffer could cause a buffer overflow and result in a crash.
- Fixed an issue where an invalid data length in a response could cause a buffer overflow and result in a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the driver would treat a WSAEWOULDBLOCK as an error when waiting to receive data. This could result in an error reported for a valid packet.
- Added a new S7-1500 model.
- Added support for automatic tag generation from a Step 7 project file for S-400 and S-300 controllers.
- Added support for BOOL arrays.
- Added Applicom address syntax to provide both Byte and Word order control at the tag level.
- Fixed a Read/Write issue introduced in 4.190 that can occur for S7-200 addresses utilizing the KT suffix.
- Added Read/Write support for the S7 TIME data type as String for the following memory types: DB, I, E, Q, A, PI, PE, PQ, PA, M, and F.
- Added Read/Write support for the S7 DATE data type as String for the following memory types: DB, I, E, Q, A, PI, PE, PQ, PA, M, and F.
- Added write support for the S7 TIME_OF_DAY data type as String for the DB memory type.
- Updated the Read/Write support for the S7 TIME_OF_DAY data type as String to include the following memory types: I, E, Q, A, PI, PE, PQ, PA, M, and F.
- Updated the read support for the S7 DATE_AND_TIME data type as String or Date to include the following memory types: I, E, Q, A, PI, PE, PQ, PA, M, and F.
- Fixed an issue where the Byte Order (Big Endian or Little Endian) for a tag could unexpectedly change. This occurred when there were two or more devices under one channel that had tags pointing at the same address, but with a different Byte Order selected. This could result in an incorrect Byte Order for one or all of those tags.
- Added support for the Date data type for the Siemens DATE_AND_TIME (DT) data block memory type.
- Added write support for the Siemens TIME_OF_DAY (TOD) data block memory type.
Added support for the Siemens TIME_OF_DAY (TOD) data type. Exposed the hint for the Siemens ""DATE_AND_TIME"" (DT) data type.
- Fixed a deadlock issue that could cause the channel to stop communicating.
- Modified the driver to support locale-specific multi-byte strings.
- Added support for Siemens S7-1200 model.
- Fixed issue where the Runtime could terminate after multiple writes to bit addresses.
- Resolved issue introduced in 5.1 release where device-level _System tags (_Error,_NoError) were not working properly.
- Added support for DNS hostname resolution.
- Fixed issue where driver was posting multiple ""Device Not Responding"" messages.
The enables users with Siemens S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200 or S7-1500 controllers programmed with Siemens TIA Portal to automatically generate the specific tags they need for their KEPServerEX projects. Offered at no additional cost as a standalone installation, it provides compatibility with TIA Portal V13 SP1, V13 SP2, V14, V14 SP1, V15, and V16.
The features the ability to:
Download the TIA Portal Exporter Utility
- Select a specific controller within the Siemens TIA Portal project
- Select tags from all tag tables, data blocks, UDTs and function blocks
- Search/filter on tag name, address or data type
- Import the specific tags required in a KEPServerEX project