Communicate complex service, operating or assembly instructions with 2D/3D technical illustrations
Creo Illustrate combines superior 3D illustration capabilities with associative CAD data to deliver task based graphical content that makes operating, servicing and assembling products easier and more efficient. This robust software enables the creation of technical graphics and animations that accurately reflect current product design, are easily updated to reflect product and part changes and can be delivered in formats from hard copy to Augmented Reality (A/R).
Creo Illustrate handles disparate CAD formats as a stand-alone tool and can be fully integrated with ThingWorx, Windchill and Arbortext products — to deliver accurate, up-to-date information. The software can also restructure CAD engineering bills of materials (eBOMs) to create service bills of materials (sBOMs) for parts and service procedures, or other technical illustrations.
The better your technical illustrations, the happier your customers and technicians are.
- Reduces translation costs by replacing text with illustrated step-by-step procedures, 3D animations, illustrated parts lists and other graphical representations
- Clearly conveys complex information through 3D animations that visually demonstrate service or assembly procedures on wearable or hand-held devices
- Improves illustrator productivity by automating illustration change management throughout the product lifecycle by maintaining an associative link to original CAD files
- Increases accuracy by automating parts lists creation and call-outs directly from CAD metadata to produce dynamic parts lists
- Provides 2D and 3D publishing in support of multiple output formats ranging from paper to AR
Creo Illustrate has several deployment options to suit your specific business needs. These offerings are tailored to scale to your technical illustration requirements as well as your budget.
Creo Illustrate Schematics
Schematic Cross Selection Highlighting pinpoints part location between the model and the schematic drawing
The Creo Illustrate Schematics Module enables the repurposing of schematic diagrams to enhance downstream, interactive trouble shooting and:
- Allows for interactive cross selection highlighting with the 3D model represented by the schematic
- Enables the application of color, based on desired interpretation of data (e.g. to represent power vs. data, voltage across different wires or the actual color of each wire)
- Retains associativity with engineering data to allow easy and reliable updating
- Expands comprehension of schematic data through interactive navigation