Real-Time Java for Internet of Things (IoT), Edge Devices, and Embedded Systems
PTC Perc Ultra is a virtual machine and tool set expressly created for demanding embedded and real-time systems requiring Java Standard Edition support. PTC Perc Ultra delivers the ease and efficiency of Java SE without sacrificing integrity, performance, or real-time behavior. The PTC Perc product line offers Ahead-of-Time (AOT) and Just-in-Time (JIT) compilation, remote debug support, deterministic garbage collection, standard graphics and extended commercial RTOS support.
PTC Perc64 v8.0 Has Released!
Why Real-Time Java with PTC Perc?
PTC Perc Ultra for Symmetrical Multiprocessor (SMP) Systems
PTC Perc Ultra SMP, the Virtual Machine solution for multi-core, multi-processor systems has been proven a competent performer in complex mission-critical real-time applications.
SMP Specific Features
- Runs multiple Java threads concurrently across all available CPUs/Cores
- Supports setting the affinity of CPUs/Cores available to PTC Perc Ultra SMP for mixed Java/Native applications
- New, multi-threaded Garbage Collector (GC) runs faster and takes advantage of available CPUs/Cores
- GC is incremental, pre-emptible by higher priority Java threads
- Impressive deterministic real-time behavior with typical response latency of <1ms on x86 1.6GHz+
- Support for Linux®/x86, Linux/PPC, and Linux/ARM SMP kernels and popular multi-core capable RTOSs