- Create and modify design data in real time
- Edit work with direct cut-and paste, push-and-pull, and drag-and-drop techniques
- Explore concepts and variations using a direct 3D CAD approach
Windows 64-bit (240MB)
New to PTC.com? Create an account. | Forgot your password? Reset your password.
*By clicking "Download Now," you agree to these terms. A PTC.com account is required for product activation.
Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express is perfect for engineers who need a fast, lightweight, and flexible direct 3D CAD system. With this free 3D CAD download, you have the freedom to innovate along with the flexibility to import and repurpose design data. Plus, you have an easy upgrade path to our professional version of Creo Element/Direct Modeling when your 3D design challenges grow.
- Combine the simplicity of 2D with the benefits of 3D with this lightweight, easy-to-learn software. Moving from 2D to 3D has never been easier.
- Respond to unexpected or changing requirements more frequently and much later in the development process.
- Import and completely edit 2D and 3D design data with numerous powerful capabilities.
- Create and modify design data in real time. Drive design changes through direct push-and-pull paradigms. Advanced geometry intelligence automatically recognizes features in the context of the 3D operation—even on geometry that's imported from other 3D CAD systems.
- Design using either a top-down or bottom-up approach or drag-and-drop your parts and assemblies just as you do with files and folders. Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express features a single environment for designing within the context of the whole product assembly. Users don't just build parts or assemblies; they build real products.
Installation and system requirements
A PTC.com account is required for product activation. Register now for an account if you are new to PTC.com. Click here if you have an account but have forgotten your password.
- Download the software
- Follow the InstallShield wizard instruction
- In the Activation window, enter your PTC.com account email address and password
- Operating System:
- Windows 10 64-bit Editions: Windows 10, Pro and Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 64-bit Editions: Windows 8.1, Pro and Enterprise
- Ram: ≥ 4 GB
- Disk Space: ≥ 2 GB
- Internet: Active Internet connection required to run software every 72 hours
Detailed system requirements
Free vs. full version comparison
Companies needing more 3D design power can easily upgrade to the full, professional version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling at any time. In the Professional Edition, you'll find a complete set of modules delivering key capabilities—such as sheet metal, rendering, and data management—which will enable you to design anything from simple products to larger, highly complex ones.
Creo Elements/Direct Modeling full version provides these additional capabilities:
- Create assemblies with an unlimited number of unique parts
- Extend data exchange
- Real-time rendering
- Add-on modules
- No internet required