Imagine needing 5 days to add a simple email notification to a PLM system. That was the situation for industrial-product maker ZF when it acquired a maker of wind-turbine gear boxes. The unit ran a Windchill system that was unsupported, heavily customized, and lacked documentation.
After spending lavishly to stabilize the system, ZF asked PTC Global Services to map the customizations and create a path for upgrading to a more cost-efficient and secure PLM system.
Company Pain Points
- Productivity: Overly customized Windchill system could not be updated to incorporate more efficient processes. Configuration changes that should take 15 minutes took 4-5 days
- Cost: High cost just to keep the PLM system minimally functional
- Outdated Windchill system ran on Internet Explorer 8, out of step with ZF corporate standard
PTC Global Services Value
- Delivered detailed report on how to de-customize PLM system before an upgrade
- Created roadmap to optimize product development processes
- Mapped company’s core business needs to today’s Windchill, proved they could be handled out-of-the-box
- Upgrade path will reduce maintenance costs and security risks
- Roadmap connecting out-of-the-box Windchill functions to ZF business needs reduces likelihood of customization
- Executives see clear ROI from de-customization and upgrade
“Thanks to PTC Global Services’ de-customization analysis, we now have valuable suggestions on how to migrate to future Windchill releases, and a valid basis for making sustainable decisions.”
– Tobias Kneiphoff, IT Manager ZF Industrieantriebe Witten GmbH