Prode Physical Properties database linked to PTC Mathcad
- Mathcad 15.0
- Mathcad Prime 3.0 to 3.1
- The PTC Mathcad team has worked with Dr. Harvey Hensley to create a link between PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 and the Prode Physical Properties database. Prode provides a comprehensive database (1,635+ components) and a library of functions described below.
- The link with PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 is comprised of two simple components: a worksheet exercising all the 200-plus Prode functions, and a custom function (prode.dll) containing all the compiled functions in one DLL. Prode permits calculation of the properties of a pure fluid or a mixture, solve two phase (vapor-liquid) three phases (vapor-liquid-liquid) and a limited number of multiphase (vapor-liquid-solid) separations, multiphase flow, prints the phase envelope , phase diagram, calculates critical points, cricondentherm, cricondenbar, heating / cooling curves, etc. Prode Properties represents the best solution when a compact and easy to use library for rigorous thermodynamics is preferable over more complex tools.
- Some applications:
- DCS connection for realtime control and optimization
- Hydrocarbons dew point (HDP, HCDP), cricondentherm, cricondenbar of natural gas mixtures from gas analysis
- Thermodynamic properties, physical, thermophysical properties of pure fluids and mixtures, Gas/vapor-liquid, liquid-liquid, liquid-solid, phase separations
- Phase diagram and phase envelope
- Areas of application: petroleum, refining, natural gas, hydrocarbon, chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, air conditioning, energy, mechanical industries