Benchmade Knife Company, Inc. manufactures knives for a loyal and ever growing following of knife users around the globe. Benchmade has earned a strong reputation throughout the Military and Public Safety communities for reliable performance and quality. The company’s commitment to world-class quality is embodied in its motto – It’s Not Just a Knife. It’s a Benchmade.
Read additional PTC Creo customers stories and on the PTC Creo blog.
- Continue to accelerate product development and innovation as a market leader
- Reduce errors to cut costs and speed time to market
- Decrease product costs, which is especially important since Benchmade is working with high-cost materials
- PTC Creo’s patterning, copy geometry features, and top-down design let Benchmade capture and learn from design iterations
- PTC Creo helps to speed the creation of models that support rapid prototyping
- Template parts enable an easy transition into a new design without complications
- PTC Windchill contributes to quality because the information is under stringent controls
- Develop new models 70-80% quicker than starting from scratch using modeling with patterning and copy geometry
- Decreased lead time for modeling fixturing by 15-20%
- Eliminated errors in the first build, which reduces costly scrap
- Reduced time to market for new models by 20-25% by streamlining processes
“PTC Creo lets us easily re-purpose previous design templates – eliminating a lot of the up front leg work.
As compared to creating a new model from scratch, we save about 70-80% of our time by reusing core designs with PTC Creo.”
Director of Research