The holidays are fast approaching and you’re probably feeling frantic. Last minute projects, holiday shopping – it doesn’t seem to end. In addition, many of us will be traveling. While travel can add its own stress, spending hours on a plane, train, or in the passenger seat of an automobile offers you plenty of time to slow down, relax, and – perhaps – catch up on some reading. If your reading list leans more towards tech blogs than the New York Times Bestseller list, here are the top twelve PTC PLM blog posts from 2017:
12. Deploying a Digital Twin to Outperform the Competition – “Digital Twin” is an industry buzzword that has been floating around for quite a while. But what is it and how can it improve your product development process? In this post, we interview Kevin Wrenn, Divisional GM of PLM, and Brian Thompson, SVP of CAD, on how they can get started on implementing a digital twin.
11. Connected PLM: An Interview – With the deployment of smart, connected technology in a PLM solution, users gain a higher level of visibility and traceability of product information throughout the entire product lifecycle. But does implementing Connected PLM require an entire overhaul of the system? We sat down with Solutions Director, Steve Shaw, to learn more.
10. IoT IS PLM and Other Lessons from LiveWorx ’17 – LiveWorx ’17 was one of our best years yet. Beginning with CEO, Jim Heppelmann, declaring that “IoT IS PLM”, continuing through to sessions on how organizations can digitally transform their process, and culminating in customers declaring that they are “Connected Engineers” – here’s a lowdown on what you missed at LiveWorx ’17.
9. Episode 2 of The Connected Engineer: New Technologies in Aerospace & Defense – Episode 2 of The Connected Engineer podcast – a series aimed at the people who turn napkin sketches into reality – dove into how the aerospace & defense industry is leveraging augmented reality (AR) to build new products and conduct maintenance on products in the field.
8. 8 Criteria Your PLM Cloud Vendor MUST Have -- Choosing the right PLM Cloud vendor is key to reaping the benefits of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). In this blog, we outlined the 8 capabilities you should look for when evaluating potential PLM Cloud vendors.
7. 5 by 5: 5 New Features of ThingWorx Navigate 1.5 – With ThingWorx Navigate, PTC revolutionized the way organizations view, contribute to, and author production information stored in their various enterprise systems. With the launch of ThingWorx Navigate 1.5, we looked to make data even more universally accessible throughout an organization.
6. Change Management: Who Needs It and Why It’s So Important – Change is an essential part of the product development process. Having a repeatable change process with enterprise visibility and traceability is key to success in that cycle. We sat down with Jeff Zemsky, PLM Solution Director, to learn more about the important of Change Management
5. The Impact of Medical Device Recalls and How to Avoid Them – Even if you aren’t in the medical device industry, the word “recall” still can strike fear into your heart. In this post, guest blogger, Michelle Boucher of Tech-Clarity, discusses the high business costs of recalls in the medical device industry and how investing in the right technologies can help you identify potential issues before they become full-blown problems.
4. Four Ways Medical Device Companies Can Become More Profitable – Improving profitability is probably high on your list of goals for 2018. For manufacturers in the medical device industry, there are a few steps to take to improve profitability that are unique. In this post, we outline four areas where medical device manufacturers can improve their margins.
3. Embarking on a Digital Engineering Journey – The redefined nature and pace of competition in the IoT era means that organizations must respond better and faster to customer feedback, while product cycles must be more frequent and evergreen. Transforming your organization to remain competitive can be daunting, but it doesn’t need to happen overnight. In this post, we outline meaningful, measurable, and – most importantly – manageable steps you can take to begin realizing the benefits of IoT technology today.
2. Introducing The Connected Engineer Podcast Series – If you haven’t been tuning into The Connected Engineer podcast series, you’re missing out! In the first episode, we’re joined by iRobot and Solar Turbines on how they used a Bill of Materials (BOM) to communicate up-to-date and accurate product information to stakeholders throughout their product lifecycles.
1. 11:11 – 11 New Windchill Features You’ve Wished For – When first introduced, Windchill 11 was the industry’s first IoT-enabled PLM solution. With features including role-based apps, connected quality, flexible change associations, and easier than ever BOM transformation, Windchill 11 is exactly what our customers have been wishing for.
From the PTC family to yours: Happy Holidays everyone!