This is a PDF version of Article CS15693 and may be out of date. For the latest version click here
Article - CS15693
Error "failedRequest" when adding a Family Table Instance from embedded browser to workspace, without having read permission on the Generic in Windchill PDMLink
Created: 21-Dec-2010 | Modified: 15-Dec-2016
- Creo Parametric 2.0 to 3.0
- Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Elements/Pro Wildfire 5.0
- Windchill PDMLink 9.1 to 11.0
- Unigraphics NX
- PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager
- When adding a Family Table Instance from embedded browser to workspace, but for which the User does not have read permission on the Generic, an error is raised due to inability to merge the Local Cache :
Local cache for source "failedRequest" has incomplete information for merge.
- This action leads to a corruption of the workspace
- Occurs in following situation(s) :
- Example 1:
- A generic of a family table has no read access for the user currently logged in (due to the state or the folder domain where it is stored for instance)
- An instance is in the state user has full access to.
- Add to Workspace of the instance is performed which automatically collects the generic as well.
- In such case, operation is failing and give an exception in MethodServer log
- Each new addition attempt of any other CADDocument will fail unexpectedly with same exception
- Example 2:
- Family table generics were moved to Windchill Libraries and the lifecycle state was not Released
- Team members have Read Access on Released Objects in Libraries
- So moving the generics removed the read access for the designers