ThingWorx fails to persist updates and returns error "Error occurred while accessing the data provider"
- ThingWorx Platform 7.0 to 8.5
- Error occurred while accessing the data provider error message returned in ThingworxStorage/logs/ApplicationLog.log when running a custom service in ThingWorx
- Error when running DataTable service AddDataTableEntries in ThingworxStorage/logs/ApplicationLog.log:
- ThingWorx server was briefly inoperable due to error in ThingworxStorage/logs/ApplicationLog.log:
Transactions could not be committed.
- ThingWorx is experiencing hundreds of database deadlocks per day
- ThingworxStorage/logs/ErrorLog.log show that deadlocks are generated primarily on the model_index_pkey index:
- Restarting Tomcat temporarily resolves the model provider issue
- The issue occurred following an upgrade of ThingWorx