PTC Service and Parts Information Aerospace and Defense Solution
Next Generation End to End, Enterprise Solution for Aerospace and Defense Service and Parts Information
PTC Service and Parts Information for Aerospace and Defense (A&D) is an end-to-end solution enabling the creation, management and delivery of service information for the A&D industry. With a single, integrated enterprise architecture, this solution provides accurate technical, parts and 2D/3D graphical information to the global service network, improving equipment availability and performance throughout the service lifecycle while ensuring industry regulatory compliance.
This service information solution enables:
- Aggregation of multiple data sources and formats into a single user interface for better change management process, revision management and accelerated overall technical information processes
- Service and parts information that is contextual, configuration/equipment specific and continually updated to ensure accuracy
- Associative re-use of upstream engineering data such as Bills of Material (BOM) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) models
- Automated creation of illustrated parts information via service bill of material data (sBOM)
- Compliance with various A&D industry specifications governing the production, management and delivery of technical information such as ASD S1000D and ATA iSpec2200
PTC Service Parts Management for Aerospace and Defense Solution
Balance Complexities of Global Service Supply Chain with PTC Service Parts Management for Aerospace and Defense
PTC Service Parts Management for Aerospace and Defense balances the unique complexities of the global service supply chain while delivering the highest level of service. This solution increases equipment availability, provides for faster response times, delivers more efficient service, and lowers the total cost of ownership of complex assets.
Aerospace and Defense organizations face unique challenges with Service Parts Management:
- High equipment down-time/AOG
- Poor customer satisfaction
- Missed customer commitments/SLAs
- Missed performance goals/KPIs
- Long delays due to incorrect part availability
- Lack of network-wide visibility into supply pipeline
- High cost of maintenance and logistics
- High penalties associated with SLA non-compliance
This solution increases equipment uptime and part availability, reduces inventory investment, improves performance based logistics (PBL) compliance, and lowers procurement, repair and expediting costs.