The Engineering Notebook
Chaos is all the worse when it’s self-inflicted. Take a look at how the engineers we surveyed told us their organizations managed critically important engineering calculations. View the Infographic.
We have a solution: the Engineering Notebook Powered by PTC Mathcad, a powerful CAD integration between Creo Parametric* and PTC Mathcad*.
When you use a true digital engineering notebook, your text, interactive CAD calculations, graphs, and images fit in one worksheet that everybody is able to read. And when you embed that worksheet in your Creo CAD model, the connection is associative: updates to one update the other. PTC Mathcad also is fully integrated with Solidworks.**
But the Engineering Notebook is more than a ‘suitcase’ for data. Clear calculations lead to more productive design and review cycles – and intellectual property all the more valuable because it can be found, understood, and reused.
Learn more about:
- Document Your Design Intent
- Capture your CAD calculations, visualize complex data, embed a brand new PTC Mathcad worksheet, or one you've already created, and more!
- Create Analysis Driven Designs
- Use advanced analysis features, capture and reuse CAD calculation, seamlessly connect CAD models to your documentation and CAD calculations.
- Verify and Validate Your Designs
PTC Mathcad will tell you whether or not your CAD model meets your design requirements from a mathematical standpoint.
- Six Key Decisions on Your Way to an Engineering Notebook
Download a checklist for the six decisions you should make when “"Choosing Mathematical Calculation Software."
* Beginning with Creo Parametric 3.0, PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1
** Built as a SolidWorks Add-In for SolidWorks 2014 and 2015