PTC Accelerates Subscription Business Model in Select Regions
Based on customer adoption of our subscription licensing model, effective January 1, 2018, new software licenses* for PTC's core solutions and ThingWorx platform will be available only by subscription in the Americas and Western Europe**.
For a complete list of countries included in these regions, click HERE.
For the complete subscription announcement press release, click HERE.
What is Subscription
Subscription is a way to access PTC software licenses in a pay-as-you-go model rather than access by one large upfront cost. When you subscribe to PTC software, you’ll also get:
- New releases, ongoing maintenance and security updates to keep you up and running
- Ability to change capabilities so that you can access only the software you need, when you need it
- eLearning content to access training on demand and improve your skills at your own pace
- Assisted support with remote desktop diagnostics from certified and multi-language support engineers, and eSupport
- Smart connected and proactive support to pinpoint problems sooner, see trends, and operate more efficiently
Why Customers Prefer to Subscribe
Customers purchasing subscriptions benefit from:
- Faster Innovation Cycles: New products and enhancements released in shorter cycles
- Shared Commitment to Success: Proactive support, eLearning, and services ensure success
- Flexibility and Lower Upfront Costs: Scale up or change capabilities to meet your business needs
- Cloud Deployment Options: Optional cloud deployment to lower IT-related costs
Whether you’re ready to move to subscription now or just looking into it, PTC is working hard to bring customers like you the products and solutions that make every day better.
Learn More About PTC Subscription
*Subscription policy for new licenses excludes Kepware at this time.
**Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela
For countries not listed, PTC currently plans to continue offering both perpetual and subscription licenses after January 1, 2018, while continuing to analyze subscription adoption in those regions.