The mission of the Collider-Accelerator Department at BNL is to develop, improve and operate the suite of particle/heavy ion accelerators used to carry out the program of accelerator-based experiments at BNL; to support the experimental program including design, construction and operation of the beam transports to the experiments plus support of detector and research needs of the experiments; to design and construct new accelerator facilities in support of the BNL and national missions. The C-A Department supports an international user community of over 1500 scientists. The department performs all these functions in an environmentally responsible and safe manner under a rigorous conduct of operations approach.
Brookhaven National Laboratory applies its expertise and world-class facilities to pressing scientific questions about everything from the fundamental forces of nature to the complex interactions of ecosystems and the environment. Our cutting-edge explorations reveal processes that unfold across the smallest and largest scales of time and space imaginable—from the building blocks of matter to the edges of the universe itself.
- Increase project team efficiency by providing a ‘single source of truth’ for all ECAD and MCAD data by Dec. 2014
- Reduce design cycle time through more efficient design team collaboration and revision control
- Enable broader project team data sharing via automated data viewable generation
- Automate the ECAD BOM Management process and remove manual intervention associated with combined ECAD-MCAD BOM generation
- Windchill 10.2 with Windchill Workgroup Manager for Mentor Graphics to automate and facilitate:
- ECAD Design Data Management
- ECAD BOM Management
- Design team collaboration and review process
- ECAD Workgroup Manager for Mentor Graphics will enable us to meet our defined initiatives and allow us to promote the required ‘single source of truth’ for all of our data
- Data visualization in Windchill will provide greater visibility of design data to the broader team without needing a license for the tools themselves
- Automatically generating the ECAD BOM on check-in will allow us to combine that with our MBOM giving us greater control over part management and ‘where-used’ visibility
- Automated version control will ensure the security of the design data and allow ease of roll-back at any time if needed