Creo 2.0: New and Advanced 3D Cross Sections for Creo Parametric 2.0
by Geoff Hedges | May 23, 2012 | CAD Software Blog | PTC
So far, we’ve covered a variety of zippy new enhancements for Creo Parametric 2.0 that up your design speed, intensify your graphics quality, and even simplify the migration of your current behemoth CAD program to our sleek and sturdy Creo 2.0 suite. This week we’ll focus in on Creo Parametric 2.0 and the newest additions to the 3D Section tool.
Not only does the Section tool let you define how and where you want to section your model, but it’s the numerous, real-time enhancements for 2.0 that make this tool so much more useful in making a cross section.
In this two-minute video, Paul Sagar, Product Management Director for Creo Parametric at PTC, shows us the key additions for using cross section in Creo Parametric 2.0:
- Dynamic definition of cross sections via draggers to dynamically control and view cross sections
- On-the-fly selection of planes for a cross section
- Automatic detection and visualization of interference in cross sections
- Separate 2D window that shows the 2D profile of the section
- Simple selection of geometry to create a cross section (edit by dragging the mouse)
- Easy-to-locate cross sections directly from the model tree
Using cross sections is just another reason why it’s time to upgrade to Creo Parametric 2.0. Creo Parametric provides the broadest range of powerful yet flexible 3D CAD capabilities to help you address your most pressing design challenges including accommodating late stage changes, working with multi-CAD data and electromechanical design. Creo Parametric is part of Creo suite of design software.
Get More Product Design and Development Tips in Your Mailbox
Keep in touch with all things CAD. Subscribe to PTC Express,our newsletter for anyone interested in 3D CAD and engineering. Every month, we'll send you more tips, news, insights, and product reviews. Subscribe now!