View, Analyze and Validate Schematic and PCB Designs
No engineer wants a smoldering prototype.
Today’s products can include many electrical components and changes to these can have an impact on the software and mechanical elements of the design or its parts. It’s essential that the entire team be able to visualize PCB-related designs alone or in parallel with overall product designs. But it’s hard to collaborate if you can’t see what’s going on or aren’t sure you have the latest information.
PTC Creo View ECAD is a simple and powerful viewer that everyone can use to get the information they want. No need for either the software that created the data or specialized ECAD skills. PTC Creo View ECAD supports Printed Circuit Board (PCB) data from all major electronic design automation (EDA) tools, as well as drawings and documents from a multitude of sources. Now the entire team can view and then analyze and validate schematic and PCB designs. With PTC Creo View ECAD you can keep your product cost down and test fewer prototypes.
PTC Creo View ECAD Features and Benefits
- Browse schematic CAE or physical PCB CAD databases ― without using ECAD design tools ― for library, schematic, PCB and bill-of-materials (BOM) data
- Enable visualization of the full electronic product, including its 3D model
- Query intelligent design data, including component, pin and net attributes
- Follow net connectivity across the schematic to PCB by pin function, to identify bad signal sources
- Communicate changes, comments or red-line data in multiple languages to the EDA user
- Reduce design cycle time by up to 35%; realize significant productivity gains in board test
PTC Creo View ECAD Extensions:
- PTC Creo View ECAD Compare: allows electrical engineers to determine instantly the differences between two versions of a PCB schematic, a PCB layout or manufacturing artwork.
- PTC Creo View Adapters: allows engineers to convert essential engineering design data quickly.
- PTC Creo View Interface for ECAD: simplifies the viewable creation process for ECAD tool users.
PTC Creo offers a complete visualization solution PTC Creo ECAD-MCAD collaboration extension (ECX). ECX enables a synchronized view of the mechanical, PCB and schematic. Electrical and mechanical designers view the design in the environment in which they are most comfortable yet still find objects in the other user’s domain. Changes made in one environment are updated in the other. Finally, you can see clearly now.