What’s New in PTC Windchill
PTC Windchill 10.1 builds upon PTC Windchill 10.0, the most significant PTC Windchill release in PTC's history
PTC Windchill 10.1 offers powerful new capabilities for configuring, validating and managing product structures plus the ability to access PTC Windchill from wherever you are.
- Centrally manages all product deliverables including MCAD, ECAD, documentation, service information and software executables.
- Drive the control characteristics used within manufacturing and aggregate dates from multiple project plans to better understand overall program performance.
- Allow the processes of service and spare parts planning to be concurrent with product development; thus ensuring highly profitable maintenance, repair, and overhaul organizations.
- Provide product option along with associated rules to Creo to allow the automatic generation and validation of geometrically correct 3D models.
- Combining the powerful flow-down traceability offered in PTC Windchill with the rich, collaborative requirements authoring and management capabilities of Integrity.
“The many new configuration capabilities in PTC Windchill 10.0 will give our users much more power and flexibility in managing products” said Terry Gimbre, Engineering Manager, Thales Communications, Inc., “This supports our commitment to continuous process improvement and enhances our ability to deliver high quality mission critical products on which lives literally depend.”
- Manage Quality, Reliability, and Risk throughout the product development lifecycle with PTC Windchill Quality products.
- Manage regulatory compliance, environmental impact and cost performance throughout the entire product development lifecycle with PTC Windchill Product Analytics.
- Help manufacturers ensure that they meet the latest product performance requirements with expanded specifications to assess product compliance with the conflict minerals specification.
- Closed-loop capabilities ensure that quality problems can be included within the enterprise change management process and that critical Creo design characteristics can be part of a failure analysis.
- The new PTC Windchill Customer Experience Management module within the PTC Windchill Quality product suite can easily manage a traceable record of customer issues and resolutions in accordance with government and quality management standards.
- PTC Windchill has a modern and clean user experience that will improve productivity for existing PTC Windchill users, enable a quick learning curve for new users, and help expand adoption among casual users.
- Automatically monitor production performance with the PTC System Monitor – a solution that utilizes dynaTrace’s Application Performance Management (APM) solution.
- PTC Windchill SocialLink now makes it even easier to actively collaborate with product development colleagues including, a Social Toolbar that's embedded within PTC Windchill 10.0.
- PTC Windchill 10.1 gives users the ability to access PTC Windchill anytime, anywhere with the new PTC Windchill Mobile application.
- Improve productivity by allowing any user from wherever they are (the manufacturing floor, while traveling, during a customer meeting, etc.) to access the most up-to-date product and process information.
- Easily configure and save reports along with interactive, visually appealing graphs and export information to other tools such as Excel.
““PTC Windchill 10.0 represents a sea change in usability. The amount of user research that PTC did was prodigious and impressive. And clearly, they successfully applied what they had learned,” noted Steve Krug, usability expert and author of “Don’t Make Me Think – A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability.””
Active Maintenance Customers
Do you want to better manage the complexities of product development?