Differentiate Products through Software Innovation
As a software engineering leader, you understand that software drives new product innovation, brings down the costs of product variants and improves customer satisfaction. However, you are equally aware that the addition of software into your products adds a level of complexity to the development process that many organizations are not accustomed to addressing.
Software Drives Innovation and Creates Competitive Advantage
Over the last decade, a critical shift has occurred whereby it is now software that delivers a significant amount of functionality in many manufactured products. Beyond entertainment features in your cell phone, software provides a vast array of safety features in automobiles, advanced conveniences within household appliances and even lifesaving capabilities in medical devices.
This shift means manufacturing leaders must address the vast complexities that come with incorporating software, electrical and mechanical disciplines into a common development environment. Producing better products globally requires a holistic approach to people, process and technology; we at PTC are trusted partners for achieving a product and service advantage.
- Common Challenges
- Customer Stories
As the software development leader within your organization, you are challenged with balancing and achieving these strategic areas of your business:
- Predictably deliver software on schedule: Improve product predictability with instant visibility into release readiness and consistently implement and enforce software development processes.
- Improve the productivity of global software development teams: Optimize and build efficiencies into the people, process and artifacts involved in the software development lifecycle.
- Improve software quality: Ensure the appropriate levels of process and product quality are achieved to remain competitive and meet market and customer requirements.
- Leverage software for continuous innovation: Drive software product innovation throughout engineering, manufacturing and service — comprising the entire product lifecycle.
- Streamlining regulatory compliance: Improve the efficiency of adhering to standards and regulatory requirements, including ISO 26262, IEC61508, 21 CFR and DO-178B/C.