Concurrent design and manufacturing planning help improve time to market
Product Planning: Virtual to Physical
Many of today’s manufactures follow a serial process when it comes to designing and producing products. While this process works, being able to design and plan manufacturing in parallel would dramatically speed time to production. Listen to PTC’s James Gehan address the challenges of manufacturing planning and how PTC can help.
The PTC Manufacturing Process Management solution helps manufacturers who are struggling to reduce rework and scrap due to disconnected design and production teams. They’re addressing these challenges to avoid market delays and off-target product costs.
With the PTC Manufacturing Process Management solution, companies can expect to dramatically reduce time-to-manufacturing while driving down production cost via configuration-specific plans.
How to get there:
- Unify the major elements of design, manufacturing planning, and resources on a common system
- Streamline manufacturing process planning in a coordinated, associative effort with engineering
- Validate configuration specific process plans using rich, virtual product definitions
- Customer Stories
Reducing Manufacturing Issues
Today’s manufacturers operate in a world of shorter product lifecycles, continuous product innovation and expanding market opportunities. Companies work to not only compete in this environment, but implement strategies that deliver a competitive advantage. Within manufacturing, there are many initiatives, like lean manufacturing, that address critical production challenges. However, more often than not strategies to improve areas like time-to-market, production costs and tailored product offerings sound good on paper, but can be difficult to implement with separated teams and disjointed information. For production planning, many companies struggle with critical issues such as:
- Difficulty to find and re-use proven manufacturing processes and resources
- Struggling to provide accurate manufacturing information to production on-time
- Disconnected engineering, manufacturing and production teams
Unlike other approaches that operate multiple systems incapable of managing both product design and product planning, the PTC Manufacturing Process Management solution offers a single, globally-accessible system to associatively design, plan production and synchronize with ERP environments.
By implementing a solution that allows for the concurrent planning and developments of products companies can experience:
- Reduction in Time-to-Manufacture 10-50%1
- Improve operational efficiency and excellence
- Achieve first time quality at reasonable cost
1CIMData based on PTC customer interviews