Trends in Concept Design
Concept Design Study Uncovers Opportunities for Improvement
PTC recently conducted a global survey of trends in concept design. We heard from designers, team and process managers, and company and business leaders to learn what's working and what could be improved in concept design. Covering topics such as time and costs, risks, tools, inefficiencies and best practices, find out what your peers are saying about concept design in this free research brief.
- Importance of concept design. How much weight does concept design carry in other companies?
- Time and costs. How much time are other manufacturers spending on concept design? And how much of their budgets are already spent when the concept is completed?
- Risks to a company’s intellectual property. What risks to IP are manufacturers taking during the concept design phase?
- Tools and practices. Who's using what tools and how?
- Inefficiencies. Some teams are creating the same data over and over. Some aren't. What makes the difference?
- Managing concept designs. Are designs centralized and protected?
Want to explore Concept Design further? From analyst eBooks and customer case studies, to free product downloads and buyers guides, check out the additional concept design resources available by PTC to help you better understand common industry challenges and how to improve them.
Visit the Resource Center: Concept Design Best Practices for 2D and 3D CAD