Feature Recognition Tool (FRT) for Pro/ENGINEER
With FRT, a plug-in application for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0, design engineers have a comprehensive set of tools to selectively replace geometries representing features in imported solid boundary representation models (IGES, STEP, etc) with true parametric features.
FRT enables design engineers to build design intelligence into imported models for easy, predictable changes. For example, a user can replace hole geometry with a hole feature and use it down-stream for assembly, detailing, and manufacturing. The non-modifiable static geometry is replaced with a fully editable hole feature. FRT can even recognize and place patterns of features.
- Identify and replace static geometry with feature rich content.
- Simple or Sketched Holes on Flat or Curved Surfaces
- Protrusions or Pockets on Flat or Curved Surfaces
- Extruded Slots
- Constant Radius Rounds
- Table Pattern for Holes
- Easy – to – Use Action/Object approach
- Select the desired Feature Search Tool
- Then Select the Surface or Edge to start the search from
- Have constant visual feedback during feature creation.
- Facilitate down-stream re-use of imported models.
- Rebuild flexibility into imported designs from a single, familiar modeling environment.
- Increased efficiency over remastering 3D imported designs by hand.
- Windows x32 (M160)
- Windows x64 (M160)
- Windows x32 (F000)
- Windows x64 (F000)
- Windows x32 (M060)
- Windows x64 (M060)
The key denotes that a Support Account is needed. Talk to a Maintenance Representative about activating your maintenance contract.