Optimize Large HVAC System Designs
PTC CADDS 5 HVAC and Outfitting Design Option provides capabilities to support the full design process — from initial sizing to production drawings — of large HVAC systems, support structures and associated downstream manufacturing deliverables. It calculates flow requirements to size and balance systems to simultaneously optimize performance and meet industry standards like ASHRAE specifications.
By routing nonstandard duct section types along complex non-orthogonal paths, the software designs networks for locations in which space is at a premium, such as ship and submarine compartments. It also helps optimize detailed design processes in heating systems, central air-conditioning systems and water heaters, while improving overall productivity.
Features & Benefits
- Design circular, rectangular, flat oval, quarter circle and rectangular cut-off duct cross-sections
- Automatic network conversion between circular, rectangular and flat oval sections improves productivity
- Quickly extract flat patterns of ducts and fittings for rectangular and circular sections
- Easily reference user-definable properties of building materials and rooms to calculate HVAC cooling and heating loads per ASHRAE-approved standards, for accurate, regulation-compliant designs
- Save time by using extensive libraries of HVAC components and plumbing fixtures