Develop Electrical Systems for Shipbuilding
Advanced 3D CAD software used to develop and manage large electrical systems in the shipbuilding industry, PTC CADDS 5 Electrical and Outfitting Design Option provides specialized electrical design capabilities, including: cabling schematics; 3D cableway networks; 3D routing of cables and cableway support structures; and a standard library of parts.
Integrated with a database to ensure design consistency, the software supports multiple concurrent users and provides an interface to third-party cable management software. PTC CADDS 5 Electrical and Outfitting Design Option improves electrical systems’ 3D design collaboration and productivity.
Features & Benefits
- Design 2D schematics and 3D cableways concurrently
- Save time by ensuring design consistency by automatically placing 3D devices and routing 3D cabling from 2D schematics
- Create schematics quickly by leveraging a library of electrical devices, cables and systems
- Optimize cableway designs in confined spaces with support for size change and the capability to twist along complex, non-orthogonal paths
- Easily customize cable path routing using automatic or interactive methods to optimize designs for shortest, preferred and prohibited paths, segregation, and percentage fill