What’s New with Arbortext
Arbortext 6.0 offers enhanced support for DITA 1.2, a new software licensing tool, highly configurable layouts and the introduction of publishing rules!
Arbortext offers significant updates and enhancements to Editor, Styler and the Publishing Engine. This release demonstrates PTC’s continued commitment to supporting DITA.
For additional information on "What’s New" with Arbortext software for S1000D, please click here.
Here is a high level overview of all of the updates you can look forward to in Arbortext 6.0:Arbortext Editor 6.0:
- New user interface (UI) for support of DITA 1.2 Keyrefs
- Usability improvements to the DITA Resource Manager
- Auto generation of RDE/RDS document types
- Schematron support
- Additional language support for Spell Checking
- Easier preview of file entities and tag templates
- Re-designed File > New dialog
- Generated text provides support for multi-lingual stylesheets, allowing management of generated text translations
- Page layout greatly extended to provide great levels of control over:
- Generated content
- Page regions including content, rotation, size & position and borders
- Page types created by combining page regions
- Page sets now provide uneven column width configurations
- Side by side formatting makes it easier to format blocks of content alongside each other
- Custom tables enhanced by:
- Repeating row background color patterns
- Generated cell content using XPath
- Column display order control
- Table cells will now obey the ‘rotate’ attribute
- Line breaking extended to allow option to break URLs, filenames and APIs more correctly
- Introducing Publishing Rules! A publishing rule is a set of parameters that are applied to a document publishing process which offers a way to save favorite selections. Multiple rules can be grouped together and used to publish a document multiple times to various outputs. Arbortext Editor users can create a publishing rule on the fly and save it for next time.
- Improved multi-language publishing with combined font support in printed output
- New 64-bit support
- Please note: Publishing Engine 6.0 will only be supported on Windows platforms
- Webtop version 6.5
- Content Server 6.6
- Supported on Windows 7
- 64-bit support
New licenses for all of the Arbortext 6.0 products will be managed with FlexNet licensing. This is the same licensing utility used today with Arbortext IsoDraw and other PTC products and will allow users more flexibility with their software licensing configurations. This provides a single consistent licensing utility and process across PTC. With FlexNet, software licenses will now be available for use by any machine on a network. In addition, when disconnected from a network, Arbortext users will be able to utilize the new “license borrowing” feature.