1. What's new with PTC Windchill 10.2?
PTC Windchill 10.2 continues to build upon PTC Windchill 10.0 with more capabilities to help manufacturers optimize the management and evolution of the product’s definition. Working in partnership with the FDA and major medical device manufacturers, the new PTC Windchill UDI module will help companies ensure compliance by automating the collection, editing, review, e-submission, change management and monitoring of FDA UDI submissions. To help meet the upcoming Conflict Minerals regulations, PTC Windchill 10.2 offers expanded capabilities to help you manage and analyze both part and supplier disclosure information. Users can visually interrogate data relationships between more PTC Windchill objects as well as between PTC Windchill and PTC Integrity. And ERP integration is expanded to include PTC Windchill logic that defines possible combinations/ permutations of products and manufacturing process plans.
2. What are some of the specific capability enhancements offered with this release?
- Visually interrogate data relationships - Improve productivity by easily understanding the relationships between different product elements using graphical flowcharts.
- Share product configurations with ERP - Ensure that the same configuration rules are enforced across both PLM and ERP systems.
- Visual Process Plans - Increase efficiency by visually constructing manufacturing process plans from the engineering part structure.
- Meet new FDA regulations on Unique Device Identification (UDI) - Dramatically reduce the effort needed to comply with the newly proposed FDA regulation for UDI (Unique Device Identifier) submissions
- Quality-driven change management - Accelerate problem resolution by initiating change requests from within any Windchill Quality Solutions module.
- Expanded Conflict Minerals Compliance - Automatically collect Supplier Conflict Mineral disclosures using the EICC/GeSI Conflict Mineral Reporting Template
- Intuitive Microsoft Office interactions - Improve usability by expanding PTC Windchill document management capabilities within the familiar Microsoft Windows and Microsoft office environments.
- Streamlining the Upgrade process - Over 50% of our PTC Windchill users have updated to PTC Windchill 10 and PTC Windchill 10.2 includes enhancements to make the upgrade even easier.
- Improved user experience for the everyday CAD user - PTC Windchill 10.2 helps improve engineer productivity by allowing users to upload any content in any state to the server workspace.
- Automatically execute project plans - To help improve user productivity while still maintaining control over project execution, PTC Windchill 10.2 allows you to automatically start activities within a project plan as well as automatically notify affected resources.
- New System Administration capabilities
- Simplified and automated support of PTC Windchill within a cluster environment helps reduce the total cost-of-ownership (TCO) as well as the risk of system downtime.
- PTC Windchill 10.2 reduces the time and administrative overhead associated with creating new test and development instances by providing repeatable, automated, re-hosting capabilities that are configurable to a specific customer configuration.
- Accelerate risk assessment – New capabilities include configurable risk matrices, Web-based fault trees to support Global Risk analysis, tracking FMEA actions to mitigate risks and incorporating user-defined calculations into FMEA worksheets.
3. What is happening with PTC Windchill support release?
To reduce the time and effort needed to stay up to date with the latest PTC Windchill software fixes, PTC Global Support will begin issuing monthly software releases called critical patch sets (CPS) in addition to the traditional support releases (e.g. PTC Windchill 10.2 M010). These releases will begin with PTC Windchill 10.2 and will be limited to important software fixes. Feature enhancements and user interface changes will only be part of PTC Windchill maintenance releases. Active support customers can get more information about CPSs in this FAQ.
4. What versions of PTC Windchill can be directly upgraded to PTC Windchill 10.2 FCS?
Customers can upgrade directly to PTC Windchill 10.2 F000 from PTC Windchill 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, and 10.1.
Customers on PTC Windchill 8.0 or earlier must first upgrade to one of the previously mentioned releases before they can upgrade to PTC Windchill 10.2.
5. What services are available for implementing PTC Windchill 10.2?
PTC Global Services, the world’s largest dedicated PLM services organization, is uniquely suited to ensure implementation success in even the most complex organizational environment.
- Our Value Centric Engagement Model ensures cross-organizational alignment on key business objectives, with fully approved definitions of value, a detailed roadmap that connects business need with technical feasibility, and clear accountability for program governance and decision making
- Process-based design aligns our technology with strategic business requirements, best practice processes, organizational constraints, and PTC’s technology roadmap
- Off-the-shelf configuration adapts PTC technology to process priorities while minimizing deployment risks, accelerating time to value, and increasing flexibility for future organizational needs
- Role-based adoption programs accelerate team learning and business impact with a comprehensive, customized approach tied directly to the deployment roadmap and to individual and work group needs for process improvement
6. What Education offerings are available?
PTC’s role-based approach to training ensures that Windchill users, managers, and others can receive the specific training they need to improve job performance without getting bogged down in unnecessary courses or material. With unmatched depth in PLM, flexible learning approaches, and role-based curricula, PTC gets you to work on PTC Windchill 10.2 faster, more efficiently, and with ongoing support as needed. To learn more, visit PTC University
Note: The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC's discretion