Convert 2D and 3D CAD data to PTC Creo View-compatible formats, quickly and consistently
PTC Creo View Adapters allow organizations to quickly convert essential engineering design data into actionable content for use in downstream processes, including design collaboration and validation, and technical illustrations for product support.
PTC Creo View Adapters support leading MCAD formats, such as PTC Creo Elements/Direct, PTC CADDS 5, CATIA V5*, SolidWorks, NX, Autodesk Inventor*, CATIA V4, and I-deas.
PTC Creo View Adapters also support leading ECAD formats such as Cadence, Zuken and Mentor Graphics and other formats such as Microsoft Office documents, STEP, JT, DGN, and many legacy formats.
PTC Creo View Adapters are available either as a server-based installation, to run alongside PTC Windchill, or client-based, to accommodate the precise needs of the organization.
* This adapter is available from PTC’s partner Theorem Solutions.
Features & Benefits
- Automatically convert multiple CAD and non-CAD data to an ultracompact standard PTC Creo View format for utilization by the entire PTC Creo suite
- Control which geometric and non-geometric information will be published
- Speed up collaboration/design cycles by using PTC Creo View across the collaborative landscape
- Accelerate the creation of 2D and 3D technical illustrations using PTC Creo Illustrate by leveraging native 3D CAD data directly from PTC Creo View Adapters
- Maintain high-fidelity, complex 3D design elements throughout the visual collaboration process without requiring the original authoring software
- IP protection of your data through a wide range of flexible options (ex. choose tessellated data output over analytical data)
- Provides back-annotation of PTC Creo View ECAD markups to the native EDA tools
- Cross-select equivalent design data between PTC Creo View ECAD and native EDA tools