Core and cavity design
Product design complexity is often over-shadowed by that required of the mold. PTC Creo Tool Design Extension can create even the most complex single- and multiple-cavity molds. A process-driven workflow guides the user through each step. Automated parting surface creation and automated splitting make it easy for even the occasional user to create complex tooling quickly.
Features & Benefits
- Define even the most complex geometry for creating single- and multiple-cavity molds and casts
- Evaluate mold draft, undercut and thickness problems and examine forming and secondary forming dies
- Eliminates data translation errors as an integral CAD/CAM solution from conceptual design to manufacturing
- Reduces need for redesigns through automatic updating of tooling models, drawings and electrodes
- Eliminates costly rework via interference checking and mold opening simulation