The PTC Creo Options Modeling Extension (OMX) gives PTC Creo Parametric users the capability to create and validate 3D modular product assemblies, no matter the complexity. By creating re-usable product modules and defining how they interface and assemble, designers can quickly create and validate any customer specific product. When combined with PTC’s Windchill product lifecycle management software, manufacturers can generate and validate precise 3D representations of product configurations defined by an individual bill of materials (BOM).
Together with PTC Creo Parametric, designers can validate their products by checking the precise mass, center of gravity, etc—and even check and resolve critical areas such as interference. By leveraging the full power of PTC Creo Parametric, designers can continue to design and validate product modules as the overall product design evolves.
Features & Benefits
- Achieve faster design cycles by creating and validating product modules in 3D early in the design phase.
- Reduce process errors and engineering rework by directly re-using available 3D models from PTC Creo and individual bill of materials (BOM) from Windchill.
- Automate the creation of any product by defining common architecture, product modules, and help manage how they interface and assemble.
- Optimize products earlier by automating manually intensive, error-prone tasks.
- Communicate precisely by sharing product design earlier and gathering feedback from other internal teams, suppliers and customers.