Speedy Delivery of Product Platforms
PTC Creo Options Modeler Extension (OMX) provides the capability to create and validate 3D modular product assemblies, no matter how complex. By creating reusable product platforms and defining how they interface and assemble, designers can quickly create and validate any customer-specific product. Designers can validate their products by checking the precise mass, center of gravity, etc. — and even check and resolve critical areas such as interference. When combined with PTC Windchill software, manufacturers can generate and validate precise 3D representations of product configurations defined by an individual bill-of-materials (BOM).
Features & Benefits
- Achieve faster design cycles by creating and validating product modules in 3D early in the design phase.
- Reduce process errors and engineering rework by directly re-using available 3D models from PTC Creo and individual bill of materials (BOM) from PTC Windchill.
- Automate the creation of any product by defining common architecture and product platforms and help manage how they interface and assemble.
- Optimize products earlier by automating manually intensive, error-prone tasks.
- Increase design and engineering productivity by improving communication with customers, suppliers and coworkers.