Get the most from your 2D concept designs
Product development teams need to continually streamline their concept design and detailed design processes in order to reduce development time and cost. However, many concept engineers create detailed 2D concepts in one 2D CAD tool, then either switch to a separate 3D CAD system or hand-off the 2D design to a colleague to create the 3D model. Re-creating the 2D data in 3D wastes time and can introduce errors when moving from one system to another. PTC Creo Layout is a stand-alone 2D CAD app which solves this problem by enabling you to leverage the best of both 2D and 3D worlds in your design process. You can quickly create detailed design concepts in 2D, add detailing information such as dimensions, annotations, etc. and then leverage the 2D data in your 3D design using PTC Creo Parametric. Your design data moves seamlessly between apps and the design intent is fully retained.
Features & Benefits
- Integrates with PTC Creo Parametric, so you can use 2D designs generated in PTC Creo Layout to build 3D models in PTC Creo Parametric
- Create 2D geometry faster with easy-to-use, unconstrained drafting capabilities
- Quickly navigate larger drawings with zoom viewports and filmstrips
- Import data from PTC Creo Parametric , trace sketches or cross sections, or other 2D systems, DXF, IGES, DWG, DRW, etc., to further accelerate detailed concept design
- Reuse 2D concept engineering data in 3D designs in order to accelerate the transition between concept and detailed design,shortening the overall design cycle