Get the most from your 2D concept designs
Product development teams must continually streamline their concept design and detailed design processes. However, many concept engineers still create 2D concepts in one 2D CAD tool, then either switch to a separate 3D CAD system or hand off the 2D design to a colleague to create the 3D model. Re-creating the 2D data in 3D wastes time and can introduce errors when moving from one system to another. PTC Creo Layout Extension is a stand-alone 2D CAD that solves this problem by enabling you to leverage the best of both 2D and 3D worlds in your design process. Quickly create detailed design concepts in 2D, add detailing information such as dimensions and annotations and then leverage the 2D data in your 3D design using PTC Creo Parametric.
Features & Benefits
- Capture product design intent with a full-featured set of tools for creating, editing and managing 2D geometry.
- Gain flexibility and iterate design concepts easily by creating 2D designs that are fully or partially constrained, or completely unconstrained.
- Avoid errors and delays by reducing the need to interpret and recreate 2D designs in 3D.
- Leverage existing 2D data such as DWG, DXF and IGES files, as well as cross-sections of 3D models created with PTC Creo Parametric software.
- Accelerate time-to-market and encourage innovation by enabling concurrent design and engineering of new products.
- Leverage 2D drawings for downstream design of structures and assemblies.
- Manage propagation of changes from 2D design to 3D models using update controls.