Associative data exchange
Industry-wide, dealing with CAD data from a variety of sources is an absolute necessity. PTC Creo Interface for CATIA V5 makes that reality a bit easier. It reads and writes CATIA V5 modeling data into and out of PTC Creo, while retaining associativity (import only). Changes made to the CATIA models drive updates within PTC Creo, allowing more efficient multi-CAD design.
Features & Benefits
- Enables import of CATIA V5 parts (Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 supports V5R6 through V5R11)
- Enables import and export of CATIA V5 parts and assemblies (Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 and PTC Creo 5.0 support V5R10 through V5R17)
- Supports 3D geometry, topology, color, long names and show/no show attribute transfer
- Native data import without requiring a CATIA V5 license
- Associative updates allow concurrent design and production work in PTC Creo to proceed with confidence