Improve Electromechanical Design
PTC Creo ECAD-MCAD Collaboration Extension (ECX) software helps improve your electromechanical product development process and enhance design collaboration efforts between electrical and mechanical engineers. It enables your design team to better identify and resolve potential electromechanical issues more easily, as well as record and manage the design change process more efficiently. PTC ECX is also compatible with popular electrical design software tools from Cadence and Mentor, and it’s well suited to bridging the communication and collaboration challenges of geographically dispersed teams. Results include fewer errors, enhanced product quality and shortened product development time..
Features & Benefits
- Enhance today's IDF-based flows to identify changes and to collaborate on incremental changes.
- Allow mechanical and electrical engineers to communicate faster, more often and with less disruption.
- Identify and manage unforeseen consequences of a change across disciplines earlier to reduce late-stage changes.
- Enable mechanical engineers to better understand the impact on electrical designs, before proposed changes.
- Communicate design changes faster with the ability to show incremental changes and cross-highlight between MCAD and ECAD model views.
- Propose, accept, or reject changes synchronously or asynchronously.