Features and Benefits
- Increase productivity
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Reduce part proliferation
- Customize the comprehensive library of fasteners to include company or project specific hardware
- Drive standardization
- Improve design workflows
- Automatic creation of holes without assembly references
- Removes requirement to manually align fastener holes which do not have assembly references
- Improve design accuracy
- Validation tools to ensure fasteners are the correct length
- Fully aligned mounting holes
Assembling fasteners such as screws, bolts, nuts, washers, and dowels can be a labor intensive task. The user must ensure that holes align on mating parts, are the correct diameter, and that they assemble the correct hardware. PTC Creo Parametric automates this process, including access to comprehensive catalogs (ANSI, DIN, and JIS), enabling users to reduce the time to place and assemble fasteners by up to 90%.
The PTC Creo Intelligent Fastener Extension (IFX) builds on this functionality. With a fully customizable library, the ability to assemble fasteners without generating assembly references, more placement options, and design validation tools, PTC Creo IFX increases user productivity, eliminates errors, and reduces part proliferation.