Advanced 3D CAD software for developing and managing large electrical systems used in the shipbuilding industry
Its specialized electrical design capabilities include cabling schematics, 3D cableway networks, 3D routing of cables (and the cableway support structures), and a standard library of parts. This 3D CAD CAM software supports multiple, concurrent users, is integrated with a database to ensure design consistency, and provides an interface to third-party cable management software. Leverage PTC CADDS 5 Electrical and Outfitting Design Option to improve your electrical systems’ 3D design collaboration and productivity.
Features & Benefits
- Design 2D schematics and 3D cableways concurrently
- Save time by ensuring consistency of design by automatically placing 3D devices and routing 3D cabling from 2D schematics
- Create schematics faster by leveraging a library of electrical devices, cables and systems
- Optimize cableway designs in confined spaces easily with support for size change and twist along complex, non-orthogonal paths
- Customize cable path routing easily using automatic or interactive methods to optimize designs for shortest, preferred and prohibited paths, segregation and percentage fill