Powerful capabilities for designing very large assemblies
PTC CADDS 5 Concurrent Assembly Option is 3D CAD software that provides comprehensive assembly capabilities for very large assembly design, including specific capabilities focused on concurrent product design, tolerancing, design iteration, and interference detection.
The unique, concurrent assembly environment of PTC CADDS 5 coordinates the parallel 3D design activities of an Engineering team, allowing designers to use 3D CAD (computer-aided design) to create, analyze and modify components within the context of a product assembly.
Features & Benefits
- Create massive, complex products easily with support for tens of thousands of components per assembly database, and an easy-to-understand structure of the entire assembly
- Design concurrently within the context of the overall assembly- without being limited to working on one component in isolation
- Reduce the cost and rework of poorly fitting subcomponents within an assembly using parametric tolerance modeling
- Eliminate the need for expensive and time-consuming physical prototypes by creating an accurate, digital definition of the product
- Leverage table driven design, using families of parts for control and implementation of catalogued parts, which further reduces cost