Specialized CAD/CAM software for Shipbuilding
When you need to design massive, complex products and coordinate the concurrent engineering efforts of a large team, you need a solution that is powerful and purpose-built for this multi-disciplinary challenge. PTC CADDS 5, PTC’s specialized CAD/CAM software, is the ideal solution for shipbuilders and other discrete manufacturers who create products with immense, complex assembly structures.
PTC CADDS 5 is an adaptable, hybrid modeling solution that let users optimize their design approach for specific cases. You can leverage parametric, explicit, and derived modeling capabilities which are tailored to meet the needs of shipbuilders and other designers of very large, complex products. PTC CADDS 5 facilitates collaborative engineering. The unique architecture of PTC CADDS 5 enables hundreds of designers to work concurrently on a design project, enabling simultaneous design, documentation, assembly, and machining.
Features & Benefits
- Broad range of capabilities give you the power and performance needed to create very large, complex assemblies
- Provides the most comprehensive shipbuilding solution with specialized capabilities for naval and commercial designs
- Derived modeling capabilities allow you to leverage rule-based modeling, standards-based inputs, or other databases to drive model parameters
- Powerful concurrent assembly environment enables parallel design activities for large engineering teams
- Multi-disciplinary systems design capabilities offer comprehensive support for designing electrical, piping, and HVAC systems
- Leverages Optegra for PTC CADDS workgroup data management