Automated Print Queuing for PLM Content
The content associated with a particular configuration can include many different kinds of documents that can also vary in printing sizes and formats. For many customers, it is a large manual effort to ensure that all of the content is printed correctly.
But now, printing Windchill content throughout the enterprise has just become easier. With new user-defined capabilities and control, Windchill Print Service simplifies the process of printing content from Windchill on printers throughout the enterprise.
Windchill Print Service Features and Benefits
- Define print job — Define which content is to be sent to which printer
- Simplify collation — Easily collect the content to be sent to the printer, using standard Windchill mechanisms (e.g., all drawings associated with an assembly)
- Automate job queuing and execution — Print jobs submitted to the system are automatically queued and passed to an available “print worker” when one becomes available
- Define printers within Windchill — The Windchill administrator can define printers in Windchill, to enable subsequent use of the printers from the Windchill user interface. The printer definition includes printer name, color support, printer size (e.g., A3), description of file types that can be printed on this printer and default scale. Once defined in Windchill, different printers can be designated for use for different data types. For example, JPEG images are to be sent to Printer X
- Automate drawing size and orientation extraction — When CAD drawings are published with the appropriate Creo Elements/View CAD adapter, the size and orientation of the drawing (e.g., A2) is extracted in order to subsequently send to an appropriate printer (in the appropriate printer mode), when submitted for printing
- Scalable architecture — The use of “print workers” that are separate from, but communicate with, the Windchill server provides a flexible environment to address growing printing throughput needs. As desired throughput grows, more print workers can be added to the system