Please note that this page will be updated regularly with new information about the "time-out" issue. As a result, you should visit this page prior to updating your installation.
PTC has recently identified and corrected a software issue that will affect numerous Pro/ENGINEER, Pro/INTRALINK, and Windchill customers worldwide. Specifically, this software issue may cause certain inter-process communications between Pro/ENGINEER and related application modules to "time-out" prematurely on January 10, 2004 and thereafter. This issue, which affects Pro/ENGINEER and related products, does not corrupt data but may impact productive utilization of the software unless addressed before January 10, 2004. Please check below to determine how your implementation is affected.
This isolated software issue can be readily addressed via a small downloadable software patch or by implementing a new maintenance build of the release of the software you have currently deployed.
Please contact PTC's Customer Support organization with questions. Our staff is prepared to support you through this update. Support will be available on this issue to any customer, regardless of maintenance status. We value your business, and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience that we may have introduced.
Click here for product updates
Worldwide contact information for Customer Support
Additional Technical Support coverage for the Timeout issue
Frequently Asked Questions
- English (PDF, 74 KB) - updated January 6, 2004
- Japanese (PDF, 239 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- German (PDF, 149 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- French (PDF, 171 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- Chinese (Simplified) (PDF, 245 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- Chinese (Traditional) (PDF, 450 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- Korean (PDF, 417 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- Italian (PDF, 139 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
- Spanish (PDF, 166 KB) - updated January 9, 2004
Important Notice for PTC Customers
Student Edition Notice