Staying up-to-date with ever-changing regulations and costs throughout product development, while certifying targets are met so as not to miss critical deadlines, is vital to delivering compliant products on-time and on-budget. Windchill Product Analytics delivers a wide range of capabilities to support today’s leading companies in these crucial initiatives.
REACH, RoHS, ELV, CPSIA, WEEE, Battery and Packaging Directives, conflict minerals, trade compliance — the number of government regulations, customer requirements and supply chain concerns necessitating due diligence and reporting keeps growing. Windchill Compliance reduces companies’ risks of noncompliance through early visibility into these critical dimensions of product development.
- Track and manage the compliance of your products, beginning early in the innovation process and continuing throughout the product lifecycle
- Keep up with frequent changes in product designs, parts, suppliers, and the regulations themselves
- Gain accurate visibility into product compliance and evidence of due diligence for regulations and customer requirements
- Reduce costs by building compliance into the earliest phases of product development to identify and resolve noncompliance issues before shipment
PTC Conflict Minerals Solution
The United States Dodd Frank Act, Section 1502, requires manufacturing companies to identify and disclose to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) any sources of 3TG (tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold) used in their products when those minerals originate in or around the war-torn region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). PTC provides the technology solutions and best practices expertise to address five critical requirements of the conflict minerals reporting process.
- Identify the presence of 3TG in parts, products and supply chain
- Automate the collection and validation of reasonable country of origin inquiries (RCOI)
- Perform due diligence, systematically throughout the supply chain, to determine the source of 3TGs from the DRC
- Assess and report on the conflict minerals status of parts, products and suppliers
- Provide evidence of due diligence with a data-rich audit trial
Windchill Materials and Substances
Managing data regarding the materials and substances used throughout parts and products enables manufacturers to effectively manage critical dimensions of product compliance, including substances of concern, countries of origin, material tonnage, recyclability and reuse, weight, product cost and environmental impact Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) reports. Gathering and managing this comprehensive product materials data can help companies prevent blocked shipments, eliminate fines from product noncompliance, and avoid costly redesigns and supply chain disruptions.
- Gain accurate visibility into material and substances data through robust integrations with existing enterprise systems
- Automate supplier data capture using industry standards or customer-specific formats
- Build your own custom analytics to examine material usage, understand supplier risk, and grade products against company-specific requirements
While product cost is a major concern for manufacturers, the majority of companies struggle to accurately track and measure costs early enough in the product development process due to the complexity associated with frequent changes to the BoM, part design, and suppliers. Windchill Cost automatically incorporates product changes into cost analytics, empowering users to make smarter decisions to ensure that products meet all cost targets.
- Meet product launch targets, ensuring products are launched at, or under, target costs
- Support core metrics such as product cost data to enable engineers to analyze the impact of designs and design alternatives
- Enable cost roll-ups for different BoM configurations using various cost models
- Provide comprehensive understanding of cost drivers and risks with cost breakdown analysis, Pareto analysis, what-if scenarios, and graphical displays of part and assembly cost status