PTC Global Services Consulting
Companies that experience the best results with their PLM programs are much more likely than others to have business leaders drive the initiative, use detailed implementation roadmaps that link business objectives to process improvements, and ensure accountability with program scorecards.
Few people would dispute that building cross-organizational alignment is essential to any complex solution initiative. But it is the depth and breadth of that alignment that truly matter. There must be clear understanding and agreement across all key stakeholders on:
- Key business objectives
- The sequencing and implications of a phased implementation program
- Detailed alignment of business need with technical feasibility
- Clear accountability for program governance and decision making
Three guiding principles are at the heart of an effective approach to strategic alignment:
- A cross-organizational approach to identify the business value to be achieved through process transformation
- A roadmap for deploying technology solutions to transform processes and realize business value
- A decision and oversight process to ensure the program stays on track to reach business value goals
To learn more about how PTC addresses strategic alignment and other key success factors, view the presentation Planning PLM Deployment and Adoption.