PTC Acquires MKS
NEEDHAM, Mass., May 31, 2011 – PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today completed its acquisition of MKS Inc., developer of MKS Integrity®, an industry-leading platform for software application lifecycle management (ALM).
MKS Integrity coordinates and manages all activities and artifacts associated with developing software-intensive products, including requirements, models, code and test, ensuring comprehensive lifecycle traceability. By combining MKS Integrity with PTC’s industry-leading product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions, PTC is reshaping the way manufacturers integrate product hardware and software, enabling them to improve product quality, accelerate time-to-market, and reduce risk and total service costs.
Software has become an integral, embedded component of most manufactured products today – everything from automobiles and medical devices to smart phones and children’s toys. For example, cars rolling off today’s assembly lines include more than 100 million lines of embedded software code and nearly three quarters of all medical device innovation is now attributed to software changes. Yet, while software is critical to future product innovation, it is commonly managed independently from the physical product in which it is embedded.
- MKS Customer Letter
- Integrity Maintenance Terms & Conditions
- Toolkit Support Policies
- Toolkit Update Policies
Press & Media
- Schnitger Corporation – “PTC embeds MKS”
- Zeichick’s Take: Thinking back on MKS Inc., a.k.a. Mortice Kern Systems
- Parametric Technology Upgraded at Jefferies
- PTC extends mechatronic reach with MKS acquisition
- Sale of MKS to U.S. firm will spur its growth locally, CEO says
- Spate of mergers mean increased interest in ALM