PTC History and Acquisitions
Since 1985, PTC has serviced top-notch customers, acquired key companies, and created industry-leading products to help you achieve sustained product and service advantage. Our technology solutions transform the way you create and service your products across the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service.
ThingWorx provides the first platform designed to efficiently build and run the applications of today’s connected world.
Enigma software helps organizations aggregate and deliver information related to products, parts and service in context as an integrated digital library to service engineers and technicians who work at customer sites, in maintenance depots or in dealer environments; which may include the owner / operator as well.
NetIDEAS has had years of experience in managing and deploying complex enterprise applications. Companies from various industries are able to use these applications to accelerate innovation, time‐to‐market, and revenue by collaboratively developing, managing and leveraging product‐related intellectual property throughout the enterprise.
Servigistics enables leading discrete manufacturers across diverse industries to successfully execute a service-led growth strategy that delivers value across the service organization and the entire enterprise.
4CS Service Suite improves service revenue and profitability by integrating warranty, service, support and service parts processes for durable goods manufacturers, distributors, supplier and service providers.
MKS’s leading product, Integrity, is the only Software System Lifecycle Management (SSLM) solution that orchestrates all software development processes and manages all development artifacts, providing complete visibility into product development.
- Planet Metrics
Pioneering environmental impact software to help companies effectively improve environmental performance, reduce costs, and mitigate risk
- Relex Software Acquired
Advanced reliability engineering software that provides key system performance metrics such as reliability, maintainability, and prediction in a flexible and intuitive framework.
- Synapsis Technology Acquired
Best-of-breed solution for tracking and improving the environmental performance of your products, parts, materials, and suppliers
- CoCreate Acquired
Explicit modeling tool enables PTC to offer the industry’s most comprehensive suite of modeling solutions
- LBS, Ltd. Acquired
Leader in Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) solutions for A&D and Civil Aviation
- NC Graphics Acquired
Best-in-class CAM solutions for high-speed precision machining
- NetRegulus Acquired
Leading Enterprise Study and Quality management software for Medical Devices
- ITEDO Acquired
Leading 2D and 3D Technical Illustration and Animation solution
- Mathsoft Acquired
Industry standard solution for Engineering Calculations
- Aptavis Technology Corp. Acquired
Windchill-based technology and expertise for retail, footwear and apparel
- Arbortext Acquired
Leading technology and expertise in Dynamic Publishing
- Polyplan Technologies Acquired
Leading technology and expertise in manufacturing process management
- PLM on Demand launched - strategic partnership with IBM Acquired
- Ohio Design Automation Acquired
Leading ECAD collaboration solution
- IndustryWeek names Pro/ENGINEER "Technology of the Year" for the second time
- Windchill PDMLink launched - pure Internet architecture solution for product data management
- PTC surpasses 35,000 customers
- Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire released - first CAD system to fully support Web services
- Windchill ProjectLink launched - pure Internet architecture solution for project collaboration
- Nitidus acquired
- PTC surpasses 25,000 customers
- DIVISION Group and Auxilium, Inc. acquired
- Windchill launched - first to market with Internet-Based solutions for PLM)
- Computervision acquired
- InPart acquired
- PTC added to S&P 500
- Daratech names PTC World's #1 Supplier of CAD/CAM/CAE software after only 8 years in the market
- PTC cracks Fortune 500
- CDRS (surfacing product) acquired from Evans and Sutherland
- IndustryWeek names Pro/ENGINEER "Technology of the Year"
- Caterpillar becomes our largest customer
- Initial Public Offering (PMTC)
- Pro/ENGINEER launched - first to market with parametric, associative feature-based, solid modeling software
- John Deere becomes PTC's first customer
- Company founded