PTC Creo for Schools
PTC Creo 3D modelling software is FREE!
Schools are issued with a FREE school license of PTC Creo 3D modelling software, including home use for students, when a teacher completes accredited training.
How to get involved:
- Get PTC Creo here – Teachers and students sign up and will be sent a single seat product code, a link to download the install media, install instructions and a tech support link.
- Register for a course – Teachers can use the region tabs below to sign up for an accredited course.
- Complete the course – Your trainer will help teachers through to completing the course and a simple modelling task.
- School license - Your trainer will notify PTC when you complete the course and we will send you your network license, single seat install codes, network installation instructions and access to our Precision LMS online multi-media software tutorials.
Trainers and CoursesEngland
The following trainers offer accredited courses for PTC Creo.
- East Anglia
- Paul Moore
- East Midlands
- Mike Finney, Hugh Johnson, James Lenton
- Alan Patterson, Jim Golden, Phil Holton
- North East
- Barry McGregor, Michael Mullen, Mike Nelson
- North West
- Stuart Douglas, Ian Manning, John McMinn, Paul Spencer, Roy Vernon
- John Forth
- South East
- Jeff Wickham, John Myerson, Steve Herd
- South West
- David Lydford, Phil Wightman
- Bilhar Lehal, Mark Harmsworth
- West Midlands
- Bob Booth, Phil Walker, Simon Hooker
- John Lee, Kieran McDonald, Steve Parkinson
- Dave McLaren
- Bob Baldie, Dave Telfer, Scott Crawford,Tom McLorian
- Lee Dunn
- Adam Whateley, James Collin, James Todd, John Hughes, Rowena Blair
- Leigh Lownie, Mike Guile
- Graham Murdock
- Bill Ambrose
- Bill Ambrose
- Richard Smith
- Sandy Lunan, Mark Young
In Wales PTC works closely with STEM Cymru.
Email Bob Cater for information and to book a place on an accredited training course.
- Engage student interest with cutting edge graphics and interactive virtual models.
- Foster student creativity with limitless design opportunities.
- Explore the science and math behind product development.
- Produce detailed designs for manufacturing and communications.
- Free student and teacher licenses for in school and home use.
About PTC Creo Parametric
PTC Creo Parametric is state-of-the-art 3D CAD software (formerly called Pro/ENGINEER). You can create 2D sketches, 3D models, assemblies, drawings, rendering and more. Schools across the globe have been using this tool for more than 10 years.
Get your students started with 3D design software by creating a simple construction kit of cubes and pegs. It is a fun and easy project for middle and high schools.
Level: First Time User
Practice your basic 3D design skills by modeling the wheel of an Aston Martin race car. This is a great project for upper middle and high school students to hone their PTC Creo proficiencies.
On our Projects page you will find fun activities where you can practice your PTC Creo skills and learn about science, technology, engineering and math.
About PTC Creo Freestyle
PTC Creo Freestyle is freeform surface modeling tool. It is an application included in PTC Creo Parametric. It is a new product for schools and offers students the opportunity to create digital models with simple modeling features which resembles ‘digital clay’. Great tool for rapidly creating concept ideas and producing organic looking structures.
Freestyle Process Exercise: Precision LMS
Learn the basics of free form surface modeling and apply your new knowledge to create a laundry detergent bottle.
About PTC Creo Sketch
PTC Creo Sketch is a digital drawing tool. Artists and designers use this tool to create early concept ideas with sketch tools and coloring palettes. Great for a variety of classes such as art and engineering, and PTC Creo Sketch files can easily be imported into PTC Creo Parametric as a reference for detailed 3D models.
PTC Creo Sketch: Learning Exchange
View a number of Creo Sketch demonstrations on Learning Exchange.