Unlock Your Team’s Full Potential
Sign up for PTC’s FREE software – Open to all FIRST teams!
PTC’s Product Development Software will enable collaboration, increase efficiency, and enhance accuracy during your team’s Robot Design Process.
PTC’s 3D CAD software
Save time and your team’s budget by designing, assembling, and testing your robot in Creo before building it.
PTC’s Engineering Calculation and Documentation software
Perform and document your team’s critical engineering calculations in Mathcad’s live document environment. Create reusable worksheets for important engineering calculations.
PTC’s Product Lifecycle Management software
Securely manage and share Creo, Mathcad, and Office documents online using Windchill’s program management and data vault capabilities. Never again ask, “Does anyone have that file on their hard drive?”
Register your Team for a Windchill project (Team Mentors Only)
Supported on certified 32-bit and 64-bit and Windows platforms
Windows XP (Base OS Service Pack 1, 2, and 3):
- Windows XP Professional Edition
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Base OS Service Pack 2)
Windows 7 (Base OS, Service Pack 1) :
- Windows 7 Professional Edition
- Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition
- Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition
- Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Edition
The following specifications are the minimum requirements to successfully run this edition.
- Main Memory: 2 GB or higher
- Available Disk Space: 2.0GB
- Swap Space: - 1 GB or higher
- CPU Speed: - 1 GHz (2.4GHz recommended)
- Graphics: OpenGL supported card*
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, 8.0, 7.0, 6.0 SP1; Mozilla based browser
- Network: Microsoft TCP/IP, Ethernet network adapter
- Monitor: 1024 X 768 or higher resolution with 24-bit or higher color
- File Systems: NTFS
- Mouse: Microsoft approved 3 button mouse
- Distribution Media: Downloadable installation executable or DVD
*Understanding the user demographic for all edition, it is required that the edition be able to run without OpenGL. This is primarily due to the fact that users might be using this edition on home desktop machines and the available graphics cards may not support OpenGL. In order to address this issue in the event that users graphics card does not support OpenGL, PTC will include Software OpenGL technology into the installation.
This will be controlled by a new config.pro option called use_software_opengl=yes. When activated, Creo Elements/Pro will utilize the software OpenGL and ignore the standard graphics config.pro option.
For additional information on platform support details, please review the official Creo 2.0 Platform Support Matrix
PTC offers a wide variety of training options to help FIRST teams understand the value of the Engineering Process and how using PTC software can help you with your overall team and robot design.
PTC provides opportunities for scholarships to the University of Minnesota and the University of Massachusetts Amherst Engineering programs
PTC would like to recognize those FTC and FRC teams that use PTC software, and who are also in need of funding. We do this through sponsorship of team grants.
- 2012-2013 PTC/FTC Grant Application – Deadline has passed and we will not be accepting new applications
- 2013 PTC/FRC Grant Application – Deadline has passed and we will not be accepting new applications