Creo 2.0: What Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 Users Should Know (part 2 of 3)
If you’re a Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 user reading this blog, you know things have changed a lot since you deployed your design software. And you might be curious about whether any of these changes are relevant to you. Will the new generation of software make a difference to you and your work in any noticeable way?
In this series of articles, we help you answer that question. We’re listing all the key features added since you last upgraded the software. We’ll go through everything that has been introduced from Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 to Creo 2.0.
Use these articles to review the changes you’ve missed. Or click the links and watch the videos to for more detailed information.
In this second segment (part 1 is here), find out how we’ve updated part modeling, drawings, and creating and modifying rounds. Plus, learn about updates to the user experience and more.
With Creo, part modeling became more powerful and flexible, especially since we added numerous freestyle and sketching features.
- Push and pull to create freeform shapes and surfaces.
- Create sketches in 3D space, use geometry to define the axis of revolution, set the start point of a section at the feature level, and select nonparallel sections.
- Sketch out your ideas with Creo Sketch (a free app), and then load them directly into Creo Parametric as the foundation of your 3D models.
- Work smarter with improved workflows for helical sweep, curve from equation, curve from cross section, curve through points.
- Select a simple check box to quickly taper as you extrude.
- Create a simple thread or a standard engineering thread with the updated intelligent Cosmetic Thread interface.
- Collapse features that were added in Creo Direct when working in Creo Parametric.
- Detail your 2D drawings with easier access to all drawing commands.
- Select annotation items directly from the new Drawing Tree.
- Wrap text in a table cell with a quick right-click.
- Work more easily with drawing tables, which are now focused on the most common user interactions.
- Create BOM balloons automatically for items that were previously in BOM tables but required you to manually create balloon notes.
Visualization and Graphics
- See your surfaces at their best–Phong Lighting is now supported.
The Auto Round tool, introduced in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0, reapplies its logic every time you regenerate the model, plus it recognizes ambiguous geometry and alerts you to tricky areas.
With Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0, rounds took another step up with the addition of continuous curvature support.
- Use a new but familiar interface. Find the ribbon interface, like that used in Microsoft products, in Part Modeling mode. Commands are faster to access and use.
- Use the new Command Finder tool which makes finding commands from older versions very easy. Start typing the name of the command and you are presented with a list of matching commands. Highlighting the command will illustrate the navigation path and selecting it will directly enter that command.
- Work more efficiently with an optimized, consistent user interface and workflows.
And more …
- Let the system dynamically regenerate features as you drag dimensions on the model with the Dynamic Edit command, added in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0.
- Import AutoCAD® 2012 drawings—now supported in Creo 2.0.
If you’re ready to see for yourself, download the Creo Parametric 30-Day Trial today.